Photographic Competition Rules
1. The promoter is: Market Bosworth Society (also known as the Society) whose correspondence address is currently (and may be subject to change) 29 Warwick Lane, Market Bosworth, Leicestershire. CV130JU
2. Committee members (any reference to committee refers to the Market Bosworth Society committee, sub-committee, working group or similar) or their immediate family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition upon the discretion of the committee.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Images uploaded must be no less than 1MB and no more than 3MB in size and in the jpg (jpeg) format. A maximum of three entries (three images/photographs) are permitted per entrant/person. Entry to the competition is by uploading to the website only. Postal entries, for example or any other transmission methods will not be accepted. The committee cannot accept responsibility for any such entry attempts.
4. Only photographs taken by the entrant can be submitted. Images reproduced from other sources are not permitted and will be reported as a potential infringement of copyright if suspected.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.marketbosworthsociety.com/competition. Any photographs previously entered into photographic competitions elsewhere may be disqualified, as will submissions by professional photographers, at the committee’s discretion. The Society will assume full permission for photography has been obtained by the photographer prior to entry into the competition.
6. Entries to the competition will be allowed from the 15th September, 2016. Closing date for entries will be
15 October 2016. * Please see below for extended closure date, now the 22nd October, 2016. Before or after these dates entries to the competition will not be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Two age groups, those aged 18 or under and those aged 19 and above. First prize in each age group is £100 together with three runners up prizes in each category of £50.00 Making a total prize fund of £500 at the discretion of the committee Further information can be found at: http://www.marketbosworthsociety.com/competition and on the Society’s Face Book page.
9. Market Bosworth Society, via the Committee reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any party connected or not connected with this competition.
11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. Winners will be chosen from:
– a. A shortlist of 10 photographs following a public vote (voting will open on the 15th September, 2016 and will close on the 30th October). Votes will be per image and not aggregated. Voting is via the website or Facebook ‘likes’ totalled for each image.
– b. The final placing will be decided by the committee
– c. In making the final decision the committee reserves the right to involve any third parties considered necessary or appropriate without further notification.
13. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Society reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected. Prizes not collected within 28 days of notification will be forfeit.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Copyright is transferred by act of entry submission. Those images chosen may be included in a publication or publications entitled “Beautiful Bosworth”, or similar which will be sold as a memento to tourists in order to further The Societies objectives. Any monies resulting from such sales will remain the property of the Society.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The competitors agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the current address stated above
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. In all matters the judge’s/committee decision is final and under no circumstances will any discussion be undertaken
23. Inappropriate submissions will be removed and the individual banned from taking part in this competition. If, at the discretion of the committee, such instances may be referred to the appropriate authorities without further notification. Any impropriety of any nature, in the opinion of the committee will result in the entry being removed and the entrant (or their agent or associates) banned from taking part.
24. These rules and Terms & Conditions are without prejudice.
25. In the event of any dispute the committee’s decision is final and binding.
- Please note that following a meeting held on the 12th October 2016 the committee passed a motion extending the closing date of the competition by 7 days (the equivalent down time experienced) due to technical issues.